Friday, December 24, 2010

 Tangled up in blue, bob dylan used to sing.

It's me in a local outfit, painting all the outside woodwork. It needed some new paint and the old color was a bit too dark to my liking.

Also the outside floor did get a new coat of paint.
 The wedding invitation. since the invention of the lazer printer for big posters, these big posters are now part of every wedding in South india.
It was my friends doughter who got married in the village were I live. Here father is the watchman for a property where I used to live about 2 km. from my new house. He looks after 4 houses where 'Vellakarans' live. That is Tamil for people with white skin. So some 10 of us where at this wedding.
 The wedding here is a two day affair with diferent
rituals. The evening before the wedding is a meeting of the parents and the first meeting for the bride and groom. Gifts and food are given and a short ceremoney takes place. The next morning at the break of day the real marriage takes place with a long ritual and lots of food.



No comments:

Post a Comment